For our fourth weekend in our series on Hope, Pastor Joe shared from the prophet Jeremiah about remaining faithful in uncertain times, because of our certain hope in the Lord.
For our singing, we focused on songs that reminded us of our true hope in the Lord, even in the midst of trials and suffering. Our hope is secured because of the finished work of Christ for us, and that is something we need to be reminded of daily.
Here are our songs from this weekend:
- "Rejoice" (Bb) [Dustin Kensrue, Stuart Townend] - Jesus suffered in our place, and therefore He knows the hurt and the pain of trials and suffering that we experience. Because of this, He is our sympathetic Great High Priest, who knows us, cares for us, and makes a way for us. He goes before us, so we can rejoice always in Him.
- "I Will Boast" (D) [Paul Baloche) - This song is almost directly from Jeremiah 9:23-24
- "Your Great Name" (Bb) [Michael Neale, Krissy Nordhoff] - We were all without hope before Jesus saved us and made us His own.
- "You Never Let Go" (Bb) [Matt Redman, Beth Redman] - Even in trials, the Lord is faithful and He is with us, so we must keep our hearts fixed on Him and continue to praise Him no matter the situation.
- "Desert Song" (D) [Brooke Ligertwood] - This song calls us again to faithfulness, in worshiping the Lord in every season of our lives.
It was a solid weekend. Our team did a great job, and it was great to dust off a few songs that we haven't sung in quite a while ("I Will Boast" and "Desert Song"). I'm really enjoying this series as a whole. There have been some powerful and challenging messages about where we find our hope, and how to continue on in hope, even when the situation is grim.
I hope you had a great weekend of worshiping together with a church family, wherever you were!