In our second week of our Decided series, we looked at the choice to forgive or avenge, from Lk. 7:41-50 and Mt. 18:21-35. For our singing, we sang songs that focus on how much we have been forgiven by God. As Joe shared in his message, when we see how much we have been forgiven, it prompts us to also forgive much.
Here's what we sang together:
- "In Tenderness" [W. Spencer Walton, Adoniram J. Gordon, Nate Garvey]
- "Before The Throne" [Charitie Lees Bancroft, Vicki Cook, arr. by The Modern Post]
- "Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone)" [John Newton, Edwin O. Excell, Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin, John P. Rees]
- "I Stand Amazed" [Charles Hutchison Gabriel]
- "Son of God" [Tim Neufeld, Jon Neufeld, Ed Cash, Gordon Cochran]
It was a great weekend, singing some of our favorite, familiar songs together. While we are called to "sing a new song" to the Lord, there is something encouraging and inviting about singing songs that everyone knows from time to time. Also, I hadn't entirely noticed it in planning, but we sang four hymns this weekend, which was refreshing. All around it was a beautiful weekend as we reflected on the forgiveness that we have because of Jesus, and how we can pass that on in our relationships here and now.
The team, as always, did a great job serving the church together. In all, it was a very encouraging weekend. I hope it was for you, as well.
In the Son,